Do you ever feel that sometimes your friends are holding you back in life? Well guess what it’s time to Fire Your Friends! I know that may sound harsh but lets think about something important the people we spend the most time with will often determine the level of success we experience in life. Ask yourself, how often do you find a marathon runner who spends their free time with couch potatoes? I’m positive that this is a sight you will not see. To increase the level of success you are experiencing in life, you have to make one of the hardest decisions in your life, which is deciding who you want to spend time around.
Does this mean that you say goodbye to people who know, like and trust you? No not at all. But you have to make the tough decision regarding how much time you want to spend with certain people. If you have a goal of running a marathon, then ideally you will want to spend more time around people who are runners vs couch potatoes. When it comes to increasing success in business, surround yourself with people who will inspire you to take action to work towards your goals. I call this building your Mojo Framework. Simply put its building circles of people around you who are successful in areas where you have a similar desire. Thusly, you might have a circle of people who you workout with, then you might have another that is for business & marketing, and another for family. The goal is to surround yourself with the right people with the right knowledge in the areas you seek to succeed in. In doing so, you will ensure that you are surrounded by positive motivating people who can help you become your best in a given area.
So how do you make this happen? It’s quite simple!!!
1. Make a list of the areas in your life that you wish to improve upon, as well as areas where you feel that you are an expert.
2. Make a list of friends who are at a similar stage and wanting to improve upon their skill sets or are experts in the areas you wish to improve upon.
3. Host a gathering for friends in each specific area to discuss how you can help each other achieve your respective goals.
It’s really that simple. Granted this assumes that you already have a pool of friends to choose from to build your new network to help you achieve your goals. In an upcoming post we’ll discuss how to leverage networking to find the right people to help you accomplish what you desire.
Leave a comment below to let people know the types of connections you are looking for… It’s called networking for a reason!
Latest posts by Byron (see all)
- 5 FREE Graphic Tools To Create Social Media Visuals - July 7, 2014
- Goal Setting For Entrepreneurs - June 17, 2014
- How To Stand Out In A Crowded Market - June 11, 2014